Crystal Cookery Course
Looking to do a winter season as a Chalet Host? Crystal’s cookery course is one the most comprehensive and valuable courses in the Alps. Complete our week long course and you will leave us with the skill set required to be a competent and confident cook. The course is held in the famous resort of Tignes, based in some of Crystal’s actual winter chalets. Each course will have a maximum of 10 candidates who will be taught and trained by Crystal’s very own, experienced, winter Chalet Managers. This also gives you fantastic insight into working a winter season for Crystal Ski Holidays.
During your time on the course you will learn all the basics from identifying herbs and spices, knife skills and endless cooking techniques. On top of this you will also learn food and kitchen hygiene and safety knowledge, essential for future Chalet Hosts. You will also learn about menu planning, cooking at altitude and catering for children and an array of dietary requirements.
The course trainers will provide live cooking demonstrations to give you all the skills and tips needed to successfully and tastefully produce afternoon teas, three-course dinners and even the big challenge of a full Sunday/Christmas roast. You will then be split into pairs and divided between the chalet kitchens to produce and present the same menu. Your trainers will continually support and guide you through this and help you to implement any of your own ideas or to simply perfect the basics. Everyone, including your trainers, will then present and try each other’s dishes.
If you are taking part in the Duke of Edinburgh Gold Award then the course has the potential to meet the requirements of a Residential Placement. Speak to your DofE Leader to ensure you get everything you need from the course.
Included in the course cost;
- Transfers to and from Geneva airport
- Crystal chalet accommodation in the French ski resort of Tignes Le Lac
- 6 days of tuition
- Level 2 Food Hygiene & Safety knowledge and experience
- Chalet hosting advice – from creating ambiance to interacting with customers
- Continental breakfast, lunch and a full three-course meal with wine every day
- All cooking ingredients and equipment
- A Crystal Recipe Book and Work Book
- Training and support from an experienced chalet management team
- All linen and towels plus an apron and hat/bandana for cooking
- Full use of the chalet facilities
- A cheese and wine evening to kick off the week and get to know your fellow students
- A full week to get to know the Crystal brand and some of its representatives including all the information and guidance you need to apply for and complete a winter season with us.
Prices excludes flights, personal insurance and social activities.
We will be running 6 one-week courses this year on the following dates;
- 19th August to 26th August 2017
- 29th August to 5th September 2017
- 8th September to 15th September 2017
- 18th September to 25th September 2017
- 28th September to 5th October 2017
- 9th October to 16th October 2017
If you have any questions or would like to register your interest for the courses in Autumn 2017 please email firstname.lastname@example.org