Food Service Apprentice, JCA
This position is ‘live in’ at Condover Hall, Shrewsbury on a 12 month contract. A fabulous opportunity to obtain an NVQ in Customer Service. Positions to start Feb 2015.
The Kitchen Porter/Food service apprentice position is the perfect way to initiate your career in the catering industry. JCA will offer you a unique experience enabling you to work within a busy catering environment, while you gain an NVQ. The purpose of this role is to ensure that the kitchen and dining area is ready for each mealtime, maintaining high levels of hygiene, safety and cleanliness in the kitchen.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Assist in providing all meals in accordance with company guidelines.
- Ensure high standards of preparation, presentation and quality of food.
- Serving food from our canteen bays.
- Undertake a daily kitchen-cleaning schedule and to assist in washing up as required.
- Perform high levels of hygiene and cleanliness in the kitchen at all times, according to local regulations.
- Be aware of stock levels and to assist in compiling orders as required.
- Receive deliveries of food ensuring it is checked, stored away correctly and rotated effectively in accordance with HACCP regulations.
- Assist in providing special dietary requirements according to the needs of your guests.
- Assist in the provision of a balanced menu for staff.
What We’re Looking for
- Ability to work with children and young people
- Team player
- Interested in Catering
- Assertive, focused and helpful manner
- Satisfactory receipt of criminal records check.
What We Can Offer You
- NVQ Level 2 Apprenticeship in Customer Service
- Seasonal contract
- Shared subsidised accommodation and an optional food scheme
- Full training
- Development opportunities within both JCA and other TUI Travel PLC companies (pending successful performance in this introductory role and your personal suitability)
- Friends and family discount