What does an Apprenticeship offer me?
An Apprenticeship is a great way to get on and off the job work-based training as you work towards our Travel Services Apprenticeship and Advanced Apprenticeship and of course there will be on-going support from your colleagues and a dedicated in-house assessment team.
We will offer you a permanent contract offering a starting salary of £150 per week (based on full time 37.5 hour week) plus commission. For people on a 30 hour week contract this salary will be pro-rata
The Apprenticeship programme is completed over 2 years (unless you are part qualified – certain rules apply). In the past some of our Apprentices have to be put forward for various awards. As a company we really value the role of Apprentice and we have a fantastic track record of high achieving young people entering their Apprenticeship and going on to win national awards, and develop great careers.
At the end of your apprenticeship, you’ll gain a People 1st Apprenticeship Framework certificate. This is recognised by all employers and confirms you have technical knowledge of travel and tourism topics and vocational capability specifically designed by the travel industry.
And the great news is, Thomson Retail is part of TUI GROUP which means that you really can grow your career with us once you complete your Apprenticeship and the opportunities are endless. Continue your career in a Thomson Retail shop, work overseas, maybe try working in one of our Contact Centres or Head Offices or work within our airline. The great news is you can shape your future career to suit you!
We have Travel Apprentice vacancies across the UK with various start dates but to be eligible to join the Apprentice programme you must meet the following criteria:
- You should have officially left school (and be at least 16)
- You must be able to work shop opening hours (including weekend work)
- You’ll be motivated and committed to completing the full apprenticeship
- You must not already hold a higher education degree or similar qualification
- You’ll be eligible to work in the UK
What We Are Looking For:
- A positive individual with a passion for learning how to deliver contemporary service
- Confident and fun personality with a strong commitment to learn how to achieve targets
- Willing to engage and collaborate at all times with customers and colleagues
- The highest personal standards and pride in attitudes and behaviours displayed
- A passion to work within tourism and actively grow and share your knowledge
- Efficient, able to learn to prioritise yet deliver with attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Able to learn new technology quickly
- Willing to participate in helping to deliver sustainable holidays
- Reasonable mathematical ability, strong verbal & written English, we will test this during the application process