Analytics Graduate Trainee Programme
As an Analytics Graduate Trainee you will join a 2 year rotational programme, comprised of an 8 month assignment in each of the analytics teams.
Our commercial analytics consultants are focused on using data and analytical techniques to improve the decision-making for Europe’s number one leisure travel business which makes this one of the most exciting roles anywhere. Working within the commercial analytics team, your input into the analysis, design and implementation of yield, pricing and distribution strategies will ensure that the UK & Ireland maintains its place as one of Europe’s most profitable leisure travel groups. These initiatives will be heavily, but not exclusively focused either on ensuring that TUI Group leverages full benefit from its yield management capabilities in order to maximise profitability and that pricing strategies and policies are optimal. It is a core principle within the team that all elements of the business process are fundamentally linked and hence you will be required to understand and work all the way along the tour operator value chain.
What you will be doing:
- Define, prototype and support changes to TUI yield management systems and/or changes to pricing policies/strategies.
- Define business process and analytics improvements required to support delivery of evolving business strategies. Develop commercial models to track benefits arising through the implementation these strategies.
- Deliver high quality analytical support to internal consulting / business modelling projects as required.
- Determine new commercial improvement opportunities based on the application of analytics techniques and propose system and business process enhancements to realise them.
Our Customer Analysts are responsible for creating insights to help drive key strategic and investment decisions across the business. Using internal and external customer data you will provide meaningful customer insights to business stakeholders. You will also provide segmentation, profiling, modelling and performance reporting to support CRM and wider business strategy. In addition to this, you will be working on short-term analysis projects to support key initiatives. Whatever happens, there is a high degree of emphasis on seeing the analytics enabled business change through to implementation and that benefits are realised. Hence, you will need excellent communication and influencing skills to ensure that you can bring multiple and varied stakeholders on the journey.
What you will be doing:
- Take a proactive approach to creating customer insights and pushing them out to the business to help drive decision-making. This will include insights from CSQs, customer profiles for our range of products and customer profiles for stores/regions.
- Support the business in their understanding of the drivers of customer retention and value
- Work with the Customer Insights team to enhance our behavioural data with data obtained through customer research and drive out action-driving insights
- Produce timely, meaningful and insightful performance analysis to help assist future investment and development decisions.
- Produce regular reporting on the KPIs agreed with the rest of the business, such as retention, revenue and customer satisfaction.
- Use analysis techniques and work processes to facilitate data support and information flow.
- Manage other activity as and when required.
Across all functions you will advocate the benefits of split testing, which is a growing programme with the wider objective of embedding a test and learn culture in our business. Other responsibilities in this area may include gathering test ideas from multiple sources (e.g. insight, colleagues, etc), assisting Senior Analysts with prioritisation on the roadmap and contributing to tests from hypothesis and specification through to monitoring and analysis. As a Digital Analyst your role will see you rotate every 4 months through a variety of areas including digital marketing, trading and product, with further responsibilities including split testing, strategic insight, data integrity and needs specification, and analytics availability.
The Digital Analytics Team consists of three key areas, where you could be placed:
- In our Digital Product Analytics team you will assist in the delivery of insight that drives the roadmap of our agile development teams. Your will work support a Senior Analyst, a Product Owner and other colleagues (BA, UX, design, development, scrum master), with responsibility for supporting the team’s day-to-day data requirements (using Adobe Analytics Premium). You will simultaneously having a constant eye on the future by creating insight to highlight opportunities for prioritisation on the product development roadmap.
- In our Digital Trading & Merchandising Analytics team you will provide relevant insight and recommendations to the eCommerce management team in relation to trends and patterns in online sales, traffic and conversion. Through a combination of standard reporting packs and ad-hoc analysis, you will produce meaningful insights to assist the Online Trading team in fully optimising our websites to ensure maximum conversion. You will also regularly present your findings to the key stakeholders from around the business.
- In our Digital Marketing Analytics team you will be working with the individual Channel Owners. You will be responsible for the reporting suite through various Adobe Analytics tools, Google’s Attribution 360 (Adometry) solution, and the data management platform Bluekai. This facet of the role sees you assist in driving the direction of our marketing through attribution projects and a robust testing plan tailored to fit each channel, recommending changes which you can see improving the business.