Thomson and First Choice introduce 24 new routes for Summer 2016 from Regional UK Airports
Thomson and First Choice are pleased to announce that summer 2016 will see 24 new routes from regional airports, the addition of further weekly flights on existing routes and the return of Cuba to the programme as well as direct, non-stop flights to Costa Rica for the summer season.
The move is part of the UK’s largest holiday company’s strategy to ensure customers across the UK can fly from their local airport and stay at the best hotels in some of the most exciting destinations.
Summer 2016 new route highlights on Thomson Airways include:
- The first Dreamliner flights from London Stansted to Cancun, Mexico and Sanford airport, Orlando commencing in May 2016
- London Gatwick sees the introduction of a new summer flight to Costa Rica – the only direct, non-stop flight from the UK, plus the return of Cuba, back by popular demand
- Five new routes from Birmingham including new 787 Dreamliner long haul flying to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic as well as flights to Agadir, Morocco; Sardinia, Italy; Izmir, Turkey and Split, Croatia
- Increased capacity to Aruba with the introduction of a new 787 Dreamliner long haul flight from Manchester
- Additional flights to Cancun, Mexico on the 787 Dreamliner from Newcastle and Glasgow
- Three new summer routes from Bristol Airport to Catania, Italy; Hurghada, Egypt and Sal, Cape Verde
- The introduction of Pula, Croatia and Kefalonia, Greece from East Midlands Airport
- Two new routes from Leeds Bradford Airport to Menorca and Paphos, Cyprus
- New routes from Scotland – Edinburgh to Rhodes and Aberdeen to Gran Canaria
- New route from Liverpool to Palma, Majorca for Thomson Cruises sailings on the Thomson Majesty complete with new itineraries
- Two new routes from Doncaster Sheffield Airport to Heraklion, Crete and Larnaca, Cyprus
- The introduction of Paphos, Cyprus from Norwich Airport
The additional routes mean that not only will customers be able to fly to some fantastic destinations from over 20 regional airports served by Thomson and First Choice during the summer, but for many destinations they will also have the opportunity to choose varying durations – not just the standard seven and 14 night stays.
Thomson Airways has been working on further enhancing the long haul flying experience for all customers travelling on the revolutionary 787 Dreamliner. Introduced for the first time this summer, customers flying long haul Premium Club will be able to take advantage of exciting new benefits at their local departure airports. From May, all Premium Club customers travelling from London Gatwick, Manchester, Glasgow, Birmingham, East Midlands, Newcastle and Edinburgh will be granted access to exclusive airport lounges, where they can enjoy tranquil spaces to relax with complimentary drinks and snacks – the perfect start to the holiday journey. Fast track through security and priority boarding will also be part of the package when flying Premium Club with Thomson Airways.
All customers flying long haul on the 787 Dreamliner can also look forward to new services on board. These include the ‘sweetdreams’ package which will include a duvet, bigger pillow and hot chocolate for when it’s time to settle down – available from this May. Throughout the year the experience for children will be improved also, with the introduction of a new kids’ pack, meal boxes and new inflight movies and TV shows especially for a younger audience.
Karen Switzer, Director of Aviation Planning for Thomson and First Choice, said of the move: “The introduction of new routes and additional capacity is great news for our customers, offering them greater choice and flexibility from the regional airport that serves them best. We are also unlocking new and exciting destinations which are now available for summer 2016 and continuing to offer improvements to the travel experience through the new 787 Dreamliner long haul routes from London Gatwick, Birmingham and Manchester. We are excited about the return of Cuba to the programme and also the fact that our customers travelling from Stansted now have the opportunity to travel long haul to Mexico and Florida. This is all part of our on-going commitment to regional airports and the holiday experience of our customers.”