We are now recruiting for a new Solutions Architect to work within our dynamic Sales and Commercial Domain looking at large end-to-end projects spanning across the whole portfolio but specifically looking at the commercial, inventory and ecommerce related projects. This will involve working with the established Architecture function and third party suppliers to instigate change and agility into our commercial systems, so there are complex challenges to be solved daily. The role will encompass the following activities:
What you will be doing
- Day to day, you will collaborate with technical and non-technical partners to interpret and deliver solution architecture to meet the needs of the project or domain roadmap.
- You will resolve complex technical, strategic and business issues using your deep technical understanding of distributed systems, enterprise integration patterns, architecture standard methodology and cloud optimised solutions.
- You will work alongside the technical architects and development teams to implement the solutions in an end-to-end manner, being an integral and central part of the delivery.
- You will challenge and balance the short-term and long-term benefits providing solutions iterations with a high level of agility.
- You will own and have accountability for the governance and implementation of the solution.
- You will be reporting the Principal Architect of the domain and working towards improving the maturity of the architecture function.
- You will gain a deep understanding of the capabilities in the sales and commercial area, the data models, integrations, dependencies and systems in order to become a technical authority in all commercial matters.
- You will build designs and proposals working with suppliers and development teams to bring to life your solution design.
- You will work within an Agile team, supporting the Scrum master, developers and testers from a design perspective.
- You will ensure the project technical paths are designed appropriately and cleanly with cost in mind.
- You will be responsible for ensuring the end-to-end technical solution is compatible with the strategic technical architecture and perform a technical risk assessment then monitor and control the solution risks throughout the lifecycle of the project.
What we are looking for
- Strong Solutions Architect experience gained working in a large enterprise scale organisation.
- A deep understanding of Agile and Waterfall delivery concepts and methodologies.
- Validated experience in systems analysis and detailed technical solution specifications.
- You will need to be able to work as part of a team, with strong social and interpersonal skills – both verbal and written.
- You will be ambitious able to cultivate a positive approach.
- A deep understanding of sales and ecommerce, preferable with an enterprise ecommerce platform such as Hybris, WebSphere Commerce, or ATG.
- e-Commerce department is typically organised and the role that it plays within a large company.
- Ability to see potential and opportunities, being an advocate and catalyst for change and improvement
- Deep understanding and experience cloud solutions with a heavy leaning towards, AWS, microservices and distributed computing and containers
- Perseverance and tenacity to see and instigate foundational change in a large enterprise business.
Working within TUI group
TUI UK and Ireland is the UK’s largest tour operator with key brands including TUI, First Choice, Marella Cruises and Crystal Ski Holidays. Sub brands include Sensatori, Sensimar, and Family Life, as well as First Choice Holiday Villages and SplashWorld Resorts. Our airline is the UK’s third largest with 62 aircraft operating to over 88 destinations in 30 countries. We have a team of more than 10,000 employees serving over 5.5 million customers each year.
It’s our people that make us number one.
TUI Group is the leading tourism business with over 67,000 employees across the world. The Group includes our unique hotel portfolio, our cruise ships, our own aircraft, tour operators, travel agencies, and much more. At TUI, we have embarked on a journey of development towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven’t arrived there yet. Join us now and shape the future of travel.
You can look forward to a competitive salary, pension scheme and further benefits such as generous holiday discounts, great rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers.
How to apply
Apply online, we just need a few details from you and your CV.