We are now recruiting for a new Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud Analyst to joining the TUI Technology team to help deliver our ambitious delivery plans and support our teams who will be adopting and running AWS services in a challenging and dynamic environment. You will be the first point of contact for AWS Cloud requests and provide mentorship on standard methodologies and reference architecture You will typically work on actively driving efficiencies and cost-savings initiatives whilst empowering project teams to adopt usage of AWS cloud services. The role will encompass the following activities:
What you will be doing
- You will handle all AWS Cloud and Landing Zone requests from Projects and act as an issue point with other TUI teams where necessary.
- You will partner with technical and management teams giving insight in to their efficiencies around cost and utilisation of AWS resources.
- You will define standard methodologies for handling AWS resources and ensuring TUI teams follow appropriate processes.
- You will document and define processes around AWS practices such as account creation, cost management, AMI and security strategies ensuring that these are clear and articulate in tone.
- You will deliver knowledge transfer sessions to TUI teams to advise on how AWS processes work and standard methodologies.
- You will take a lead in cost optimization activities for AWS Cloud and provide reports and metrics into Cloud Design Authority and budget holders on a regular basis.
- You will govern and provide cost optimisation/billing reporting on agreed frequency.
- You will work with external projects throughout lifecycle with an emphasis on the initial stages to provide a ‘starter pack’ of cloud standards and their location.
- You will collaborate with Commercial and Finance teams to understand the cost economic strategies set at TUI Group level.
- You will conduct audit and compliance checks against AWS standards to ensure the set strategies are being followed for tagging, resource consumption, budget setting and alerting.
- You will keep up to date with AWS news and trends that will directly benefit TUI in a way that can reduce costs and ensure teams are more efficient.
- You will chair the local market Cloud Design Authority (CDA), and be responsible for the decision log ensuring the contribution of participants.
- You will provide mentorship and advice to TUI IT Engineering teams regarding AWS standard methodology, project management, dashboards, cloud usage etc. including demonstrations.
- You will promote cloud capabilities across IT. Organise lunch & learns, attend project meetings to promote ways of working and correct use of standards
- Assist project teams with their technical AWS Cloud requirements
- You will focus on Cloud Analysis with a specific focus on AWS.
What we are looking for
- Strong Analysis experience with AWS Cloud based solutions working in a large Enterprise focused environment.
- Experience in AWS Cloud handling user accounts and resources.
- Sound knowledge of AWS Cloud supporting tooling and third party tools such as Cloudability
- Previous experience of AWS Cost Explorer, Budget and Alert settings would be excellent.
- A deep understanding of Agile and Lean delivery concepts and methodologies.
- A deep understanding of how an IT operations department is typically organised and the role that it plays within a large company.
- A SysOps Associate certification is preferred
- Any previous coding development skills (e.g. Java, Python) would be nice but is not essential
- Have good organisational and project management skills
- Comfortable working at all levels within the organisation
- You are an outstanding teammate and enjoy helping your colleagues to succeed
- You will have a real passion for maintaining high standards and sharing knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Working within TUI group
You can look forward to a competitive salary, pension scheme and further benefits such as generous holiday discounts, excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers.
TUI UK and Ireland is the UK’s largest tour operator with key brands including TUI, First Choice, Marella Cruises and Crystal Ski Holidays. Our airline is the country's third largest with 62 aircraft operating to over 88 destinations in 30 countries. We have a team of more than 10,000 employees serving over 5.5 million customers each year. It’s our people that make us number one.
TUI Group is the leading tourism business with over 67,000 employees across the world. The Group includes our unique hotel portfolio, our cruise ships, our own aircraft, tour operators, travel agencies, and much more. At TUI, we have embarked on a journey of development towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. Join us now and shape the future of travel.
Be Yourself… Be Unique! TUI’s more than a brand, it’s who we are. Trusted – Unique – Inspiring.
We’re a global travel company with diverse customers. Together, we embrace different continents and cultures. We believe travel broadens the mind.
We’re on a journey; just like our customers. We believe that differences drive innovation and we’re encouraging an environment where diverse talent thrives.
Inclusion is fundamental to everything that we achieve and it’s our unique colleagues that determine our future. Join us and be yourself at TUI.
How to apply
To apply please create a candidate profile to upload your CV, for any specific questions please contact our IT Recruitment Partner Pete Cook: firstname.lastname@example.org