Business Area: Finance
This is a commercial role which involves producing and analysing cruise trading information to help support decision making.
Working closely with the Cruise team to help drive the profitability of the business through better understanding of trading performance, weekly ancillaries’ sales and impacts of itinerary planning.
Manage the weekly delivery of cruise trading MI reporting to the business. Ensure the timely distribution of reports in an accurate manner.
• Continually look for ways to improve the quality of MI data, both through ensuring the accuracy of the information in the data universe and the relevance of reports for the end-user.
• Work with MI team to ensure accuracy of cost base standards in MI and keep track of any differences outside of the trading system (e.g. layup costs, difference in exchange rates).
• Lead the weekly trading meeting between finance and commercial teams and extract key commercial insights on weekly performance, highlighting any key risks or opportunities to current forecast.
• Coordinate reforecast process, providing insightful analysis to Trading team on margin and volume trends.
• Keep process documentation up to date and relevant
• Track weekly sales performance of on board profit ancillaries across cruise fleet.
• Work closely with the commercial teams to ensure ancillaries targets are communicated and challenged to deliver the best profitability for the business
• Work with Business to forecast ancillary profits for future seasons.
• Provide back-up to support Balance Sheet position through reconciling transaction listings
• Assist with the production of the monthly ancillaries’ review pack and inputs into the Cruise Board Pack
Part qualified accountant relevant experience
Proactive attitude and approach
Excellent verbal and powerpoint presentation skills
Good attention to detail
Evidence of driving process improvement
Strong analytical skills and able to deal with complexity and ambiguity
Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Be Yourself… Be Unique! TUI’s more than a brand, it’s who we are. Trusted – Unique – Inspiring.
We’re the leading tourism business with diverse customers and over 67,000 employees. Together, we embrace different continents and cultures. We believe travel broadens the mind. Just like our customers, we’re on a journey, of development towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven’t arrived there yet. We believe that differences drive innovation and we’re encouraging an environment where diverse talent thrives. Inclusion is fundamental to everything that we achieve and it’s our unique colleagues that will shape the future of travel.
The TUI Group includes our unique hotel portfolio, our cruise ships, our own aircraft, tour operators, travel agencies. TUI is the UK’s largest tour operator with key brands including TUI, First Choice, Marella Cruises and Crystal Ski Holidays. Our airline is the country's third-largest with 62 aircraft operating to over 88 destinations in 30 countries. We have a team of more than 10,000 employees serving over 5.5 million customers each year.
Join us now and you can look forward to a competitive salary, pension scheme and further benefits such as generous holiday discounts, excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers.
Apply online, we just need a few details from you and your CV.