Here at TUI, we strive to deliver the best possible experience to customers interacting with us via our digital platforms, whilst ensuring conversion is both protected and enriched. Improving and optimising the customer’s digital journey via a continuous and stable programme of change is integral to achieving this.
The role of the Quality Engineer is vital to safeguarding our customers’ overall digital experience, from both a customer front-end and business user perspective. This covers all new deliverables into our production environments as well as the overall stability and customer experience of our live services.
How you will make an impact as a Quality Engineer
There are many ways for you to get involved:
- Reporting to a Senior Quality Engineer or Lead Quality Engineer and following either Agile or Waterfall methodology, you will be required to provide User Acceptance /Business Acceptance test coverage for changes and projects across a wide range of applications and digital platforms such as desktop, mobile, tablet and Apps. This will involve, estimating, prioritising, planning and coordinating quality testing activities.
- When working in a Product team (Agile or Waterfall) you will be the accountable owner of the quality of the live product, not only providing test support for new developments, but also monitoring the live products quality using the range of tools available. You will be passionate about this product, proactively spot issues or opportunities, and feed these back into the Product backlog.
- Actively working with the necessary Business and IT stakeholders, you will ensure the requirements and impact of deliverables are fully understood, always placing the customer and protection of conversion forefront and any gaps are identified early. This will enable you to deliver clearly defined test cases which are reviewed and agreed prior to test execution. Engagement with your IT Test colleagues is key to ensuring test coverage is optimal and duplication is minimal.
- You will need to have an understanding of multiple departmental functions such as SEO, Merchandising, Digital Analytics and Site Optimisation in order to support or provide business-user test coverage for changes which may impact them. You will drive an understanding for user processes and systems to be able to support business system testing across multiple platforms.
- You will be required to follow aligned formats, processes and prioritisation for test case and defect management, providing regular test execution and defect reports to the Senior Quality Engineer, as well producing Test Entry and Sign-off documents. To ensure accuracy of information, it is essential you attend the necessary meetings in order to remain engaged and updated throughout the life-cycle of the deliverable/change.
- Co-ordinating with the Senior/Lead Quality Engineer, you will facilitate a constant channel of communication, ensuring all necessary business and test teams remain engaged and up-to-date with regards to the programme of change.
- Following successful execution and sign-off within a test environment, you will support implementation into Production via go-live testing, providing assurance to the Senior/Lead Quality Engineer that the delivered changes meet the specified business needs.
- As part of our strategy to deliver continuous improvement, you will also be required to look for new and innovative means to improve the efficiency of current ways of working. Furthermore, you will be required to monitor customer feedback and behaviour to suggest how we at TUI can improve the customer journey and testing processes on our digital platforms.
What you will bring to TUI as a Quality Engineer
There is more than one way to the perfect fit – here are some of the ideal things :
- An ambitious and inquisitive individual with proven experience in a testing role and a good understanding of e-Commerce/Digital.
- Experience of working in a development/project life cycle, alongside Agile and Waterfall methodology.
- Someone who is customer-centric and passionate about continuous improvement in order to drive a best-in-class digital customer experience.
- The ability to manage your own time in a demanding, time-critical role and work comfortably within an environment of ambiguity and a high degree of complexity.
- Excellent communication skills with the confidence to challenge decisions where necessary.
- Strong organisational skills with a great attention to detail and appreciation of auditing and reporting capability
- Ability to engage stakeholders, influence behaviour and change opinions based on business knowledge, experience and competence.
- Willingness to work flexible hours (the successful candidate will need to work early mornings to support Production go-live implementation).
TUI and you
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
TUI is the UK’s largest tour operator, our key brands include TUI, First Choice, Marella Cruises and Crystal Ski Holidays. Our airline is the country's third largest with 62 aircraft operating to over 88 destinations in 30 countries. We have a team of more than 10,000 employees serving over 6 million customers each year. We’re on a journey towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven’t arrived there yet. We believe that differences drive innovation and we’re encouraging an environment where diverse talent thrives and it’s our unique colleagues that will shape the future of travel.
If you want to know more about why TUI Group is the world’s leading tourism group, and our continuing work in the diversity & inclusion space, simply visit careers.tuigroup.com.