Could you be interested in working for the world’s leading holiday company ? Working in a fast paced growing agile environment? Then TUI could be the right fit for you.
We are an award winning Digital department that is a crucial cog within the business that sends over 6 million UK customers on holiday every single year. We can offer you mapped career progression routes, flexible working options and the opportunity to work with some of the markets latest tools / software. We are looking for enthusiastic and forward thinking individuals to join our exciting digital division to help us ensure we are at the forefront of innovation.
Reporting into the Digital Operations Manager, you will manage the day to day site performance monitoring of TUI Digital channels, focussing on channel availability and end user performance. You will play a key part in helping us to realise the full sales potential of our channels by providing issue/defect management and impact analysis to drive performance enhancements, improve process and support the delivery of change.
You will be motivated and an active manager of opportunities to reduce customer struggle, identify & remove bottlenecks and prioritise solutions to increase customer conversion.
How you will make an impact as a Digital Operations Performance Manager
There are many ways for you to get involved:
- Continuously monitor digital channel activity identifying problems/defects and solutions for issues which impact site operations, performance and channel integrity. Escalating identified issues accordingly and working proactively with wider business and technical teams.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to review all priority incidents/defects for future fixes, releases, self-service and emergency changes. Anticipating and communicating potential risks.
- Chair and drive a performance forum of key stakeholders from around the business and IT to help support the current and future performance strategy.
- Manage a performance backlog covering all digital channels by collaborating with key stakeholders from across the business.
- Provide support for major release activity by inputting operational, performance, monitoring requirements and attending pre-release meetings including daily stand-ups. Be responsible for post release analysis through reporting, including performance, usage and trends. Follow up on next steps to drive improvements where required.
- Manage major incidents offering technical expertise, escalation, prioritisation & impact analysis and business coordination.
- Liaising with the Digital Quality Manager to agree testing requirements for Operational changes, issues and developments for BAU activities.
- Collaboratively working with the Digital Content, Analytics, Marketing and Merchandising teams ensuring operational governance is adhered too for all BAU activity.
- Create and distribute digital channel reporting including performance data, competitor analysis and customer pain points. Maintain and continually review operational dashboards for all TUI digital channels.
- Working alongside the Digital Services team acting as a key stakeholder for all Commercial change i.e. peak trading and brochure launch planning. Collaborating with key teams to ensure the successful delivery of all content and product information to all TUI digital channels.
What you will bring to TUI as a Digital Operations Performance Manager
There is more than one way to the perfect fit – here are some of the ideal things :
- Proven experience in an Operational or Managerial role with a strong analytical skill set. Experience of web analytics and web performance management would be beneficial but not essential.
- Ability to engage stakeholders at all levels of management, adjusting behaviours and communication style where appropriate.
- Strong influencing/negotiation skills with confidence to liaise with stakeholders at all levels, both internal and external.
- Someone with the ability to make decisions considering the commercial and customer impact.
- A passionate individual with the ability to drive key priorities/performance improvements for benefit of the business and our customers.
- A background in web platforms with the ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and problem solve using both internal and external tools such as Dynatrace, WebPagetest, GTMetrix and/or Google Insights.
- Comfortable working within an environment of ambiguity and high degree and complexity.
- Potential to develop technical expertise, the successful applicant is expected to become a subject matter expert in tools/process and principals within a large Digital function.
- Someone with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities, demonstrating capability to deliver to agreed timelines.
- Someone with strong attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Ability to lead and coach team members.
- Always remains focused on the most critical / impactful task to hand using all resources efficiently and effectively.
- It is expected that the successful applicant should reach full proficiency in 6 months. Therefore, a hunger and a proven ability for learning is essential.
- Ability to work flexibly and provide support for the on-call rota.
TUI and you
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
TUI is the UK’s largest tour operator, our key brands include TUI, First Choice, Marella Cruises and Crystal Ski Holidays. Our airline is the country's third largest with 62 aircraft operating to over 88 destinations in 30 countries. We have a team of more than 10,000 employees serving over 6 million customers each year. We’re on a journey towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven’t arrived there yet. We believe that differences drive innovation and we’re encouraging an environment where diverse talent thrives and it’s our unique colleagues that will shape the future of travel.
If you want to know more about why TUI Group is the world’s leading tourism group, and our continuing work in the diversity & inclusion space, simply visit careers.tuigroup.com.