A financially successful company is one that meets its profit objectives and delivers for the future. It is one that has robust business and financial controls to enable us to contribute towards this goal.
The finance team is predominately based in Luton, with additional offices in Swansea and Crawley and is responsible for the following:
- Management information
- Reporting and control
- Business performance
- Annual planning and forecasting
- Finance shared services
The Finance Academy is a scheme that has been put in place to support the personal development needs of staff that work in the Finance department. The Academy is made up of eight work streams (see diagram). Each work stream is responsible for ensuring that the appropriate polices, documents and frameworks are in place to meet the objectives for Finance.
The Academy includes areas like:
- The ‘Study Policy’, stream which is responsible for defining the policies for staff working towards their accounting qualifications e.g. number of study leave days that staff can take, polices on what the Company will pay for, organising the payment of fees etc.
- The ‘Graduate Scheme’, which is responsible for the selection and administration process of the graduate trainee scheme.
- The ‘Capability Framework/Career Paths’, stream is responsible for defining the experience and skills that an individual is expected to have for each role in the Finance department. You will be able to use this framework to plan your career path as it will help you to identify the development areas that will lead you to your next role.
- The ‘Continuous Professional Development’ stream is responsible for organising CPD activities for the qualified accountants in the Finance department
- The ‘Finance Induction Programme’ stream is responsible for the Finance Induction pack that is given to new starters and ensuring that it is always up to date and relevant.
- The ‘ACCA/AAT/CIMA Training’ stream is for organising training activities for ACCA/AAT/CIMA students in the Finance department
- The ‘Apprenticeship Scheme’ is responsible for the selection of the candidates for the apprenticeship scheme and it’s administration.